Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill

2 posters

Go down

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Empty Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill

Post by LDG Sun May 25, 2008 3:01 am

Recently I came across this article
"Bumps in the night keep staff guessing"
from The Bedford Sackville Weekly News.

I had heard a couple stories about the place, but after reading the article I was a intrigued as to the possibilities of a investigation. So Friday morning we took a little trip to the old Beacon house site/School house. The plan was to take a couple pictures and maybe find out who owns the property.

We were in for a shock when we first drove by.
There was construction vehicles and a trailer in the parking lot. When we pulled in to park we noticed the mess. Almost every window on the two story building was busted out and upon closer inspection we found that the windows were new. I thought maybe they were preparing to tear the place down, but when we asked someone in the trailer about taking pictures and what was going on, he said he didn't know anything about the buildings.
I think they were just storing the equipment/vehicles on the property.

Vandals really went to town on this place. Here are a few of the pictures we took while there.

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Hhrm510
I think the older part of the property is the two story building to the right in this photo.

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Hhrm1210
What a shame. most of the windows in the front and back looked like this.

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Hhrm710
As you can see the windows were either broken or boarded up

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Hhrm910
This mural was painted in back door outer entrance, the date on it was 19/12/95

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Hhrm1510
I placed my camera between two boards nailed to a window in the back and took this picture

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Hhrm2410
The side entrance door windows were completely busted out. This is the view of the one story side of the property. That was once the main hallway from the front entrance.

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Hhrm2310
A closer view of the same area

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Hhrm2510
The one story entrance. Just behind the long corner window is the stairwell and door going into the two story building.

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Hhrm2810
I think someone mentioned the larger section of the building being used as a seniors center, I'm not sure. It would explain the wheelchair ramps.

I haven't been able to contact the owners, but I'm working on it. Hopefully when its in better condition HauntedHRM will be able to spend some time inside.
LDG
LDG
Admin

https://hauntedhrm.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill Empty Re: Trip to Beacon House/Maroon Hill

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Like I said, I would go in as in. When we looked inside, everything looks ok and stable. Not dangerous at all. All we would need to do is watch out for glass/sweep up.
I don't think it used to be a senior center though. All public places have to be 100% accessable to all peoples (hence wheelchair ramps), so this is just normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by d_peverill Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:00 am

It was a school donated by a black women who passed away and only wanted black kids to be aloud to go to it legend says when white kids started attending school there she got angry an started haunting the place. It's tore down now.

d_peverill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down