Fortress of Louisburg

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fortress of Louisburg

Post by LDG on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:25 pm



Location: South of Sydney on route 22

History: The French came to Louisbourg in 1713, after ceding Acadia and Newfoundland to the British by the terms of the Treaty of Utrecht, which ended the War of the Spanish Succession. France's only remaining possessions in what is now Atlantic Canada were the islands of Cape Breton and Prince Edward, which were then called Isle Royale and Isle Saint-Jean. The French used these islands as a base to continue the lucrative cod fishery of the Grand Banks. In 1719 they began to construct at Louisbourg a fortified town which was only completed on the eve of the first siege in 1745. The town and settlement along the harbour shore soon became a thriving community.

Witnesses:


  • Sea captain- Captain Robert Duhaget- Greets people, seen in the chapel praying, seen in the attic of his house, and roaming the fortress grounds
  • Weeping nurse in the old Hospital
  • Malevolent poltergeist in the kings bastion bakery, throwing equipment around, and locking the doors
  • On the fortress grounds, Ghost child has been seen crying for its mother, screams of men in battle and cannon smoke
avatar
LDG
Admin

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-15
Age : 35
Location : Halifax NS

View user profile http://hauntedhrm.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum